Saturday 30 May 2009

A Mum Facing Prison for wanting School Choice


This young mother is facing either a £5,000 fine or one year in prison for wanting to have a choice to send her little boy to a good school. Mrs Patel is accused of giving a false address in order to secure the school place (although the address is her mother's and Mrs Patel was living with her at the time). What can I say about this? Good school places and school choice should not be a post code lottery! When will things ever change when governments supply and fund schooling?

1 comment:

  1. In my country, Sweden, the freedom to choose schools randomly is looked upon as a basic human right. Despite my country's many flaws, I can truly tsay that things are much worse in other countries (countries that you would assume be more "liberal", due to their political history compared with Sweden).
    Anyways, keep up the good work. I love this institute and I hope it will continue to exist!

    Sincerely,
    Carl-Mikael A. Teglund

    ReplyDelete